This simple scallop dish is great for a dinner party, quick & easy to do and your guests are sure to be impressed! I recommend to serve 3 scallops for a starter or 5 for a main course.
- 250g frozen peas
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice ½ a lemon
- 10 king scallops, defrosted
- Olive oil
- 100g edamame beans, steamed and removed from their pods.
- Finely chopped chives
For the pickled red onion:
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 100ml rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 100ml water
- 75g sugar
- Heat the vinegar, water and sugar in a until boiling and the sugar has dissolved. Add the red onion, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Heat the chicken stock, shallot and garlic in a pan until boiling, add the peas and bring back up to boiling. Using a slotted spoon transfer to a blender, reserving the stock in the pan. Blend until smooth, adding stock as needed to loosen. Season with lemon juice and salt then return to the pan to keep warm on a very low heat.
- Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan on a medium/high heat until foaming. Pat dry the scallops and season with a little sea salt. Fry the scallops for 2-2 ½ minutes on each side. Try not to move them around too much as you want nice golden caramelisation on the outside.
- Spoon the pea puree onto a serving plate, stop with the scallops and garnish with edamame, pickled red onion and chives
Other recipes you might like