This might seem like an unusual combination, but the toppings on this pavlova work so well to cut through its rich chocolatiness.
- 240g egg whites
- 300g caster sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 50g chopped Amedei 70% chocolate
- 500ml double cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 400g raspberries
- Handful of chopped pistachios
- 6 basil leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- In a clean bowl whisk the egg whites to soft peaks. Add the sugar a tablespoon at a time, continuing to whisk until stiff peaks are formed.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder and balsamic vinegar, then fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Place a sheet of baking paper onto an oven tray and spoon the meringue mixture into the middle. Using a spatula, spread it out into a circle to about the size of a dinner plate.
- Place in the oven and immediately reduce the temperature to 150ºC. Bake for 1hr 20 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave the door slightly open, allow the meringue to cool in the oven completely.
- Whisk the cream and icing sugar to soft peaks and pile it on top of the pavlova. Top with the raspberries, pistachios and basil – finish with some extra grated chocolate!
Other recipes you might like