Simple calamari at home! Lovely golden, crispy coated squid, what more could you want?
- Frozen squid rings
- 100g Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Defrost the squid rings and place in a bowl of milk to tenderise for at least 1 hour
- Heat a few inches of oil in a heavy bottom pan to 190ºC
- Mix together the flour, salt, garlic powder & paprika
- Dip the squid in the flour mixture, coat well, then fry for a couple of minutes until golden brown.
- Drain onto kitchen paper and serve with a squeeze of lemon & dip of your choice
Other recipes you might like