A beautifully light chocolate mousse with a brandy kick. The addition of whipping cream helps stabilise the mixture and makes it easier to fold in the eggs whites without knocking the air out. If you’re making this for kids simply leave out the brandy or you can also replace it with brewed coffee.
- 130g 70% Amedei chocolate
- 250ml whipping cream (plus extra for serving)
- 3 large eggs separated
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 39g unsalted butter
- Pinch salt
- Raspberries for serving
- Whip the cream with the sugar and salt until it forms soft peaks, set aside in the fridge.
- Melt the chocolate, butter and brandy in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, remove from the heat and allow to cool until just warm, then whisk in the egg yolks one at a time.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks
- Carefully fold the cream into the chocolate mixture, followed by the egg whites until completely mixed in and the mixture is a consistent colour.
- Divide between 6 serving bowls/glasses and allow to set in the fridge for at least 4 hours. Serve with slightly sweetened whipped cream & raspberries.
Other recipes you might like