A traditional Neapolitan dish. The baby octopus are nice and tender and the fresh tomato sauce perfect for mopping up with some crusty bread. You can also try serving this dish with pasta for a more substantial meal.
- 500g baby octopus
- 1/4 lemon thinly sliced
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp capers
- A handful of pitted black olives
- A handful of chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Gently heat the olive oil, garlic, lemon slices and chilli flakes in a casserole dish until the garlic smells fragrant.
- Add the baby octopus and gently simmer with a lid on for 15 minutes.
- Next stir in the tomatoes, capera and olives, put the lid back on and cook for another 45 minutes or until the octopus is tender.
- Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper if needed, finally add the parsley just before serving. This dish is lovely simply served in a bowl with some fresh toasted bread.
Other recipes you might like